Finance ManagerWednesday November 17, 2021
Level: The position will report directly to the CFO and will manage the financial activities of the company
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada (remote with some in-office required)
Clear Blue Technologies is looking for a Manager Finance who can plan and execute the financial responsibilities of the company. This is a great opportunity to join a young, fast-growing company that is defining a new market based on our Smart Off-Grid technology.
We are seeking a performance-driven person with a can-do attitude that gets things done and can meet deadlines. The company is expected to grow by 2-300% per year each year for the next few years. Additionally, growth through acquisition, international finance, and project-based SPV and debt financing projects will be part of the job.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the CFO in financial planning, reporting, monitoring and forecasting processes with annual operating budgets and quarterly year-end projections, preparing financial reports and analysis, including cash flow, and other projects as required
- Manage the timely preparation of quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements and MD&A in accordance with IFRS
- Prepare and review analyses to support the MD&A sections of the quarterly and annual reports and the supplemental information
- Co-ordinate the year-end audits with the auditors, as well as manage the audit issues resolution process
- Research and interpret new accounting standards/guidelines to assess potential impacts of transactions on financial reporting
- Support the timely closure of technical accounting matters with external auditors through the preparation of accounting memos and consultations
- Assist in preparing the Company's annual budget, quarterly projections and report to management on budget variances
- Develop, implement and maintain internal controls over financial reporting
- Modify existing and design new processes that maximize operational efficiency
- Provide advice on internal control issues and recommend and implement reporting enhancements
- Minimum five years of experience in finance, with particular experience in accounting, corporate controls, forecasting and budgeting, and modelling.
- Minimum of one year of public company experience;
- Strong IFRS and GAAP knowledge with CPA designation; experience in audit for public accounting firm highly desired
- Strong ability to manage and lead others, fit within team-first corporate culture; international experience a plus;
- Experience with working in a manufacturing company environment will be considered an asset.
- Casual work environment
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Team Lead, Hardware EngineeringThursday November 11, 2021
Job Title: Team Lead, Hardware Engineering
Reports to: CTO
Job Description Date: November 2021
Position Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada (in office required)
Position Availability: Immediate
Clear Blue provides Smart Off-Grid energy solutions to customers in 37 countries for telecom, lighting, industrial controls, security systems, emergency power, and IoT devices. In Central and South America, our primary focus is Telecom, and we sell direct as well as through partners. Our customers include telecom operators, installers/integrators, service providers, government agencies, municipalities, and private companies. The majority of Clear Blue's sales is through its strategic channel partners.
We're seeking a team lead for our hardware engineering team, based in Toronto. You will lead a small team of hardware engineers, firmware engineers and test engineers for Clear Blue's solar-charge controllers, gateways, and other products currently in development. We are looking for someone with excellent English speaking and writing skills coupled with experience in related fields. We are hoping to move quickly to fill this position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The specific duties and responsibilities of this position are:
- Collaborate on electronic designs on a cross-functional team including firmware, software, PCB and mechanical design members
- Developing electrical schematics, layouts and wiring diagrams
- Take ownership of hardware development through specification and selection of electrical and electronic components, simulation/modelling, testing and validation, both on the bench and in systems
- Hands-on development of hardware schematics using Altium
- Extensive experience managing a BOM
- SMPS design and/or debugging/compensation experience
- Firmware and Microprocessor cross-team experience
- PCB Assembly of small quantity hardware prototypes
- Experience with embedded hardware design
- Experience with Wireless & RF design
- Coordinate and assist in test programs
- Assist in defining the hardware architecture
- Prepare and maintain engineering documentation
- Provide support for troubleshooting all system-related issues
- Assist in the transition from Product Development to High Volume Manufacturing
- Assist the research into processor and sensor options
- Clear communication of hardware/firmware requirements
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in the hardware design and manufacturing process
- Past experience working closely with contract manufacturers
- Proven experience with DFM and DFQ processes
- Additional qualifications are a bonus
- Casual work environment
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
Please submit a cover letter and resume to us at the following address:
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Solutions EngineerWednesday September 15, 2021
Clear Blue Technologies International, the Smart Off-Grid company, combines solar and wind energy with advanced communications and cloud software to power highly reliable off-grid lighting, telecom, security, mobile, and Internet of Things systems. Our remote management service and Illumience Smart Off-Grid software enables all the systems to be managed, controlled, and proactively serviced over the Internet, delivering unmatched reliability, long-lasting system performance, and significantly lower maintenance costs.
Clear Blue currently is looking to add to the Solution Engineering team.
Solution Engineers design and engineer customer solutions that are based on the core Clear Blue Technology product line, combined with existing standardized “whole product” components such as solar panels, batteries, cabinets, and cabling. Solutions Engineers also design custom solutions where needed, working with Clear Blue’s core team of engineers. Responsibilities also include working closely with the sales team designing and costing higher-level technical proposals with partners and prospects.
The Solution Engineer function is customer-facing both during the sales / pre-sales process, and during the implementation phase of the solution, ensuring the customer has a strong understanding of the solution being delivered, and is provided with the corresponding detailed documentation.
For larger customer implementation projects, Solutions Engineers act as project managers with the customer’s installation team to manage larger rollouts. This includes leading meetings, organizing activities across multiple organizations, and communicating professionally both verbally in meeting and written through emails and other communication mediums.
Solution Engineers have the needed technical and time management skills for effective interaction with other departments of the company such as Procurement, Logistics, Product Engineering and Production. We are looking for a candidate to fill an intermediate position with the team, able to learn, work quickly, and communicate effectivity both within the team and with our customers. We thrive on people who love to solve problems, focus on goals, help each other, and generally contribute to a positive, collaborative, and fun working environment.
· Mechanical or Electrical Engineering degree is a key asset
· Preferred experience in technical project management
· 3-5 years of experience in an engineering or technical project management role
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written in English, any additional language as well is a preference)
· Strong attention to detail, procedures and specifications.
· Creative problem solver with experience in process analysis
· Ability to interact with all levels of the organization, external suppliers, and customers in a professional, objective manner
· Excellent decision making, negotiation, influencing and team building skills
EMAIL APPLICATIONS TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Customer Service SpecialistTuesday August 10, 2021
NEW ROLE: CUSTOMER SUPPORT SPECIALIST
If interested please send your application to:
Mr. Dmytro Gladyshevskyi
Clear Blue Technologies is a Canadian company that provides Smart
Off-Grid energy solutions to customers in 37 countries for telecom, lighting,
industrial controls, security systems, emergency power, and IoT devices. In
Africa, our primary focus is Telecom, and we sell direct as well as through
partners. Our customers include telecom operators, installers/integrators,
service providers, government agencies, municipalities, and private
As a member of the Clear Blue Solutions Customer Support team, your main responsibility will be to work with existing customers from installation and commissioning of new systems, through to ongoing day-to-day support involving energy management, managing incidents, customer communication and reporting, technical assessment for resolution of incidents, management of problems with level 2 and level 3 support staff.
We are looking for a candidate to fill an immediate position with the team, able to learn, work quickly, and communicate effectivity both within the team and with our customers. We thrive on people who love to solve problems, focus on goals, help each other, and generally contribute to a positive, collaborative, and fun working environment.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure customer’s satisfaction with Clear Blue’s product and service.
- Provide remote technical support during the installations or troubleshooting of solar and hybrid power systems.
- Work closely with installation team to ensure the projects are fully commissioned on time.
- Keep track of new deployments and communicate with the customers about the installation progress.
- Answer general customer’s inquiries over the phone and email.
- Using a cloud-based monitoring software, perform daily monitoring and management activities of Clear Blue’s power systems to support stable operation of all systems.
- Identify systems’ faults and work towards an immediate resolution.
- Record issues encountered during the use of Clear Blue Technology products (including software and hardware) and communicate those issues to the rest of the team including by generating tickets.
- Provide frequent feedback to the Team Leads, including recommendations for improvements, evaluation of problems, and potential solutions.
- Provide energy analysis and modelling for future and present projects using HOMER Pro software.
- Review energy design information to ensure sizing of the system is appropriate and meets customer’s requirements.
- Update energy simulations as the design progresses.
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college in Electrical Engineering or Applied Science.
- Excellent skills in visual data analysis and ability to see broad relationships and patterns within given data.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills.
- Experience with technical support over the phone.
- Can identify errors and inaccuracies.
- Experience with energy modelling software HOMER Pro.
- Excellent understanding of main components in off-grid power systems.
- Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying technical abilities.
- Knowledge of products in the following fields: power generation, electrical engineering, energy storage and distribution, solar and hybrid systems.
Director, Telecom Sales France & AfricaMonday January 11, 2021
French Telecom Sales Director
Position Title: Director, Telecom Sales France & Africa
Position Level: The position will report directly to the V.P Sales & Business Development
Position Location: Paris,
*See below for application details* Only resumes in English will be considered.
Clear Blue provides Smart Off-Grid energy solutions to customers in 37 countries for telecom, lighting, industrial controls, security systems, emergency power, and IoT devices. In Central and South America, our primary focus is Telecom, and we sell direct as well as through partners. Our customers include telecom operators, installers/integrators, service providers, government agencies, municipalities, and private companies. The majority of Clear Blue’s sales is through its strategic channel partners.
We seek an experienced Technical Sales Professional who is a self-starter to join our growing team and lead our expansion in France and French-speaking African countries. The individual in this role will be responsible for the continued development of Clear Blue’s partner ecosystem while actively engaging in all sales cycles. Experience with guiding prospective customers through a purchasing experience is a must-have. The successful candidate has strong technical selling skills, has exhibited a passion for their clients and has gone the extra mile to ensure customer satisfaction. Fluency in French with 5+ years of sales experience in the Telecommunications market in France and/or Africa are key requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify and nurture new business opportunities in developing markets to achieve or exceed short-term and long-term sales targets;
- Plan, design, develop and implement different sales activities by researching the customer's needs and requirements;
- Facilitate cold and warm calls to prospective leads, schedule and follow through on calls with leads and current customers, and source and work customer referrals;
- Have an excellent understanding of Clear Blue products and services, value proposition, brand promise, and key differentiators and an ability to provide a strong technical sell of the solution while at the same time making it simple and easy for the customer to understand;
- Be able to articulate this technology and value proposition to facilitate new clients and answer all lead and customer questions accurately, prioritizing and/or escalate lead and customer questions as needed;
- Maintain positive business and customer ongoing relationships to extend customer lifetime value and retain existing clients while developing new customers. Develop a trust relationship with your customers;
- Take the initiative and efforts to develop constructive and effective solutions to any issues that slow down or hamper the export procedures and activities;
- Attend key industry networking events and develop leads
- Perform cost-benefit analysis for prospective customers and advise on appropriate purchase options;
- Develop strategies for more effective sales, both individually and as part of a team;
- Self-improve continuously by way of experience and manager feedback;
- Create sales presentations and sales proposals;
- Ability to respond to and complete point-by-point responses to telecom and power tenders.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Proven track record of success selling telecommunication solutions in France or French-speaking Africa;
- Impeccable customer service skills;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills with fluency (verbal and written) in English and French;
- A quick study and ability to access opportunities and chances of success;
- Motivated, driven attitude to be able to work independently;
- Sales-driven, results-driven, and target-driven attitude, with a proven history of meeting and/or exceeding monthly and quarterly sales quotas;
- Strong negotiation skills and experience with contract negotiation;
- Ability to present an alternate point of view and shape the client’s perceptions and beliefs;
- Expert in time management;
- Strong ability to create and deliver effective client presentations;
- Very high computer literacy with Microsoft suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and online tools such as Dropbox, confluence, etc.;
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required if the relevant experience is sufficient;
- Experience with a CRM platform (i.e., Salesforce) for tracking appointments, sales, complaints, status reports.
Location & Compensation
- This position is remote with the individual ideally based in Paris or the surrounding area;
- Travel to North America and Africa, may be required occasionally (pending reductions in travel restrictions);
- Compensation will be based on the candidate’s qualifications.
· Please send all cover letters and resumes to email@example.com