Embedded/Cloud Communications Software Engineer (Full-time)Thursday July 23, 2020
As a member of the core product development team, you will help deliver our next-generation products on our custom hardware platform. Our devices are deployed around the world, and are fully integrated into our Cloud platform for remote monitoring, maintenance and control.
- Minimum 3 years experience developing embedded software in C
- Knowledge of ADC's, sampling rates, error correction
- Previous experience implmenting security, encryption menthods and implementations
- Previous experience with the following
--- PWM, DMA, ISR's, timers and watchdogs
--- constrained development environments (flash and CPU size)
--- integrating software and hardware using embedded data bus protocols, UART, CAN, SPI, RS485, UART, and I2C
--- parsing and assembling of packets for use over the serial data ports on a bare metal system
--- knowledge of cellular modem setup/control, mesh networking (Zigbee)
--- writing clear documentation
--- different build systems (ie. cmake, make, autotools, webpack)
--- Continuous Integration (automated deployments and environments)
Bachelor level degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering discipline along with 3+ years of relevant experience and/or the equivalent combination.
Nice to have:
- Ruby and/or Elixir development experience
- Previous experience with any scripting language
- inverter and/or capacitive load experience
- Ability to read schematics and debug digital hardware using oscilloscope, logic analyzer, programmable power supplies & loads
- Electronics knowledge (ie TTL logic levels, voltage/current sources)
- Knowledge of cloud concepts and platforms (AWS, or GCP)
We are looking for candidates in the Toronto area for this position.
If interested, please submit your resume to email@example.com
Marketing ManagerTuesday July 21, 2020
Position Title: Marketing Manager
Position Level: Position will report direct to the CEO and will lead the marketing activities for the company.
Clear Blue Technologies is looking for an experienced marketing generalist who can plan and execute a broad range of marketing activities from lead generation to digital marketing to content creation. This is a great opportunity to join a young, fast growing company who is defining a new market based on our Smart Off-Grid technology.
We are seeking a performance-driven marketer extraordinaire who will help us define and build out messaging, drive leads through multiple channels, drive growth, and build a strong and robust investor community. You will design and execute campaigns to help drive and grow traffic, create content that engages our current visitors, attracts new visitors, and helps drive customer and shareholder acquisition in partnership with our sales and management team.
The right candidate will be tech-savvy, and able to quickly learn about our product line (hardware and software). Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must, as are strong computer skills including MS Office and marketing software (Adobe Creative Suite & Salesforce CRM). A BSc/BA in marketing, communications, or equivalent job experience is also required. In this role you will:
- Plan and optimize marketing spend/ROI and tactics across paid search, SEO, social and offline
- Help develop multi-channel marketing campaigns to drive demand and generate leads (i.e. webinars, white papers, re-engagement campaigns)
- Convert web and social traffic into qualified leads, using a range of targeting strategies
- Create, manage, and create engaging content across social and industry channels
- Write case studies to showcase our customers & our value proposition
- Execute and optimize various B2B marketing programs to deliver targeted email campaigns for user acquisition & re-engagement
- Manage and execute our Investor Relations marketing activities
- Support and assist with the preparation of Earnings webinar calls and presentations
- As the only internal marketing person you need to be a self-starter that can take initiative to work with other groups within the company as well with our external PR and other agencies. Because this is an autonomous role, experience of at least 3-5 years is necessary.
- Experience writing and producing high-quality content marketing assets (email newsletters, brochures, guides, etc.)
- Strong analytical skills and proven ability to use data to optimize campaign performance and inform future strategies
- Outstanding communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills
- Can establish and articulate a vision, set goals, develops and executes strategies, and track as well as measure the results
- Growth mindset and constantly motivated to iterate and improve
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment that requires one to multi-task and implement high priority initiatives
- This is a growth position that can evolve into a Marketing Team leadership role over the next few years as the company grows
Clear Blue’s Offices are located at Yorkmills and Leslie avenue in Toronto, Ontario. However, many team members work remotely (even before Covid) and so living in the GTA area with visits to the office once a week, or as needed can be the norm. Daily office presence is not needed.
Please submit your resume, BY EMAIL ONLY, to:
CoFounder & CEO
Solar Off-Grid Power Manufacturing and Testing TechnicianFriday July 10, 2020
Job Title: Solar Off-Grid Power Manufacturing and Testing Technician
Reports to: Production Engineer and Manager
Job Description Date: July 10, 2020
As a member of the Clear Blue Solutions Production team, you will be a member of a small team of positive and productive professionals that build energy systems for customers that are easy to install and offer reliable off-grid energy. We thrive on people who love to solve problems, focus on goals, help each other, and generally contribute to a positive, collaborative, and fun working environment.
The specific duties and responsibilities of this position are:
- Continuously building deep knowledge of Clear Blue’s products (specifically controllers, regulators, gateways, wind modules) such that effective testing can be accomplished both to ensure production quality and to assist with application testing for new software developments, hardware components features, functionality.
- Perform efficient and effective tests on a day-to-day basis to ensure quality production for existing production and/or find defects with new products under development
- General production work to build inventory of Clear Blue systems, including assembly of electronics panels, and preparation of wires and cables.
- Packaging of Clear Blue products for shipping
- Close coordination with the Production Engineer and Manager to ensure deadlines for shipping of the systems are met, with particular focus to end-of-quarter targets March 31, June 30, September31, and December 31
- Maintain focus on quality at every step of the production work, based on a Quality Program defined by the Production Engineer and Manager, measured by the number of systems that are defect free
- Liaise with other departments as needed to effectively achieve goals, such as Procurement, Solution Engineering, and Core Product Engineering.
- Activity contribute to continuous improvement for all processes
- Assist the Solution Engineering team with order documentation work as needed
- Ensure a safe work environment at all times with a target of zero loss-time injuries
- Comply with Clear Blue processes for Inventory Management, check-in, check-out of inventory. Ensure inventory is tracked and information is accurate at all times
- Recommend and implement changes to the production process based on lessons learned on quality and efficiency